Thread: Impress

Post Thanks / Like

Default Impress

I know I said I wasn't looking to get into die cutting, but out of curiosity, does anyone have experience of the X-Cut Impress? It's on offer at stamps.co.uk & I wondered if it was any good for someone like me who isn't aiming to do much with it - or are are these things like so many others, you get what you pay for?
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Anne Guest

I haven't used one of these Welly, but I would just say that it is a small machine and therefore you will be limited by its size as to what you can do with it. On the other hand, if it's your first foray into die cutting and you find you never use it, then you haven't wasted much money. And you can always sell it on on ebay to recoup some of the money spent.

Post Thanks / Like

I have something very similar – the old Sizzix Sidekick, which I got free with a magazine subscription some time ago. It’s OK, but the dies are small – around 5 or 6 cm. Mine came with a couple of dies and I haven’t bought many extra ones since.

I think that if I was to get a die cutting machine now I would probably get something like the Cuttlebug as it takes bigger dies and I think you can use other system dies with it as well.

I would suggest that you look around a few web sites and see what types of dies you would be interested in using & then buy a machine that can handle that size.

HTH

Janet x

Post Thanks / Like

I have one Welly, in fact I will be glad to sell it to you as I have my Cuttlebug and Cricut, PM me.

Anne Guest

You two could meet up when you go to Southport ROC!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    You two could meet up when you go to Southport ROC!!!!!!
    We might well try it sometime - if we're ever in Southport at the same time Plus, I'd have to be really nice to hubby for him to be happy for me wander off elsewhere when we're supposed to be visiting his mum :D
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wellington View Post
    We might well try it sometime - if we're ever in Southport at the same time Plus, I'd have to be really nice to hubby for him to be happy for me wander off elsewhere when we're supposed to be visiting his mum :D
    We are both relative bound that's the problem, it's only a long weekend, I'll be over for a couple of weeks at Crimbo Welly if you're ever shopping with your SIL.