Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Ideas for ink pad to use with pro markers other than memento??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Ideas for ink pad to use with pro markers other than memento??

Hiya,

Do you have any suggestions for a black ink pad to use with pro markers as I have tried memento and really not happy with the results.

I am using some photo stamps at the moment on white gloss 300gms card and get a perfect impression using ranger archival ink in jet black but if you use pro markers it just bleeds and looks a right old mess. So I then tried memento ink and the pad coats the stamp with far to much ink and the stamped impression looks dreadful but of course you can colour in with pro markers! I have even tried drying the pad out with my heat gun but it still leaves a blotchy impression so I'm a bit stumped now as what to try next!

Any Ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

The only other ink I can think of would be Black Soot DI, but of course that ain't going to be pretty on a gloss surface. I'm struggling to remember if Versafine has a problem with promarkers...?
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

I think as long as you let it dry thoroughly versafine works and I like it for art stamps.

Post Thanks / Like

You could try an 'Impress' ink pad.

craftycat Guest

Doesn't St. Barbara use Adirondack pads? Not sure about black though. Certainly on glossy card and using Promarkers

Post Thanks / Like

I thought (though this is still very much a learning curve for me) that you need to work with a water based ink - the opposite to the solvent base of pro markers. If that's so it should work with distress inks, Big and Juicy, etc. I could be so wrong with this so please don't try it till someone who actually knows replies!

Post Thanks / Like

I've always used a Ranger Archival pad with Promarkers and have done for years. Memento pads are pretty new but I still favour the Archival, the black is very intense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vampyre View Post
    I think as long as you let it dry thoroughly versafine works and I like it for art stamps.
    I have a sepia versafine so will try that tomorrow thanks Vampyre

Quote Originally Posted by Mothership View Post
    I've always used a Ranger Archival pad with Promarkers and have done for years. Memento pads are pretty new but I still favour the Archival, the black is very intense.
    yes I too prefer archival ink as it gives a really detailed impression on glossy card using the photo stamp. But even when I dryed it with a heat gun, the promarkers reacted with the ink. The stamp has lots of shading and I'm wanting to use pale skintone promarkers. Think I'm gonna struggle to find a stamp pad I like as much as archival though! May just have to colour tint with distress inks instead.

Thanks for all your advice

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't glossy card preferred when using alcohol/solvent based inks to create effects as the ink bleeds over it ? Could it be it's not the ink that promarkers don't like but the card being used...just wondering ?
    Fab

My Kimtag Profile ! :)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fabyon View Post
    Isn't glossy card preferred when using alcohol/solvent based inks to create effects as the ink bleeds over it ? Could it be it's not the ink that promarkers don't like but the card being used...just wondering ?
    Is archival a alcohol/solvent based ink then? Doesn't say what is it is on the pad. Your probably right Fabyon, shame really as the photo stamp looks loads better on the glossy card with archival as opposed to the other card I tried. Oh well you win some you lose some. :thinking: back to the drawing board I guess