Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MCS - getting the best from it

craftycat Guest

Grannypenny, there is definitely a skill in explaining computing techniques in ways that can be understood by non techies. When you explain it the whole thing is obvious.

By the way I agree, think it was you who said it, I would rather print off a whole lot of stuff and then create my own design from all the bits and pieces. I like using snapshot tool to copy and resize (think that is what I do). MCS type cds are useful as an image can be resized easily.But, once that is done I get a lot of fun by finding say a background paper on one CD, a topper on another, matching up with layers of card. Creating the whole thing on screen, to my taste, looks like a lot less effort has been made when actually it has probably taken longer to put the whole thing together.
    Waffle Waffle!!!!!

craftycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LadyKatkin View Post
    I tried watching that the other day but my eyes just stuck together with boredom! I couldn't believe how wooden she was and there was 10 mins of it. It was more than I could stand. She may have gone past the 'put the CD in the little drawer on the side of your computer' (I made that bit up) but I'll never know. Rofl x
    Boring if you are computer literate but exactly the sort of thing I need. Slow explanation, moving the cursor and panning in so you could actually see what was going on. Still wouldn't use half the functions on offer though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alice3_2009 View Post
    I'm on my second version of PSP but don't find it easy. I tend to use Microsoft Image Composer (I think it's free) for cutting shapes. DSA2 for cutting round images I want to use elsewhere and PSP for pattern making for backgrounds, adding text, colour changing and printing to the size I need.

I'd like someone to cobble these things into one easy programme :giggle:
    They have.....it's called paintshop pro:clapping:

I can't use mine ATM as we are in transition to a mac and we haven't got parallels yet (there isn't a mac edition of psp :(. )
    When I have it back I'll do some tutorials

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like that!

Read the book but it doesn't explain very well, so I can only do seamless patterns etc, cut out in squares...basic stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

And now I've bought MCS Faith Hope and Charity (on Ebay), so I shall be pulling my hair out with that as well!

Looking forward to some PSP tuts Sheila.