Thread: Scissors, Scissors, Scissors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scissors, Scissors, Scissors

Looking to upgrade my very worn pair of detailed scissors for detailed work. There are so many products out there from 99p to £20! Any experienced snippers out there who can advise?

Post Thanks / Like

The x cut Teflon coated ones are good, but for most of my scissor decoupage I use a pair of curved nail scissors from John lewis' chemisty bit.

craftycat Guest

X cut teflon for me too. For very detailed bits though I would rather use a craft knife. THE big tip there is to work over a tempered glass cutting sheet ( also from Xcut) as the blade moves more smoothly.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the titanium scissors from c&c, and use them for most things now. I prefer them to the xcut scissors, which I no longer use for anything except cutting tape. I also prefer a craft knife and a glass cutting mat for the tiny landlocked bits.

Post Thanks / Like

I love love love my Westcotts scissors from C&C - I have 6 pairs in different sizes. Well, to be more accurate, I have 5 different sizes cos I bought the original set way way back in the mists of time (about 3yrs ago), then MIL's hubby bought me a set with slightly different sizes a couple of Xmas's ago but the tiny owl-looking decoup scissors came in each set so I have 2 pairs of them - they're very comfy & have a nice sharp point. I chop & change pairs depending on the detail of the cutting. TBH if it's very detailed I usally use my Fiskars Craft knife - the 'normal' one rather than one of those finger tip ones
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

I got westcots from a show for a £1 wasn't very impressed, bought some of the BEE ones the other day they are amazeball, very sharp
    http://simbablogspot.blogspot.com

hopefully this will link to my blog!