Thread: Accuquilt Fabric Die cutter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Accuquilt Fabric Die cutter

I'm still looking for the ablitity to cut dies in fabric - particularly alphas. Has anyone got/seen this. If so how does it differ from the cuttlebug, etc? Are the dies ones that could be used in a standard die cutting machine or has anyone had any success cutting felt or fabric with other dies.

Added: I have looked at this a bit further and it seems that the deeper die cuts work best with material so I wonder if the Big Shot wouldn't be as good.
    Last edited by Granny Penny; 07-03-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I cut fabric and felt with Bigz dies(with my bug), even magnetic funky foam - so can make fridge magnets for my Grand daughter.

Post Thanks / Like

That's brilliant Jammy. I thought you couldn't use Bigz dies in the cuttlebug.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if the Accuquilt Go Fabric dies are compatible with the Bigshot?

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh this is an old thread! I think there are problems with the accuquilt dies in the Big Shot but this is a tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRJwtobRnKI and I am sure there are others. Don't forget that the Big Shot has its own quilting dies.

Just to tie up from my original question I eventually bought a Slice Fabrique - which I love. I already had a Cuttlebug and have used Bigz dies in this too. If I hadn't already got that I would have bought a Big Shot as the Bigz dies are really good for fabric. Why the two? Well the Slice cuts lots of different shapes quickly and the Bigz would cut lots of the same dies quickly. However, that's just my experience and I am an applique addict rather than a quilter - everyone seems to have slightly different reasons for buying.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Think this links to my Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/chucklemouse/