Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry - this will be very boring but ...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I love the pattern and beautifully made.

Post Thanks / Like

Cushion look very proffesional.
    Is the dvd easy to follow used to sew a lot still have the machine but have not sewn anything apart from taking up clothes for ages so out of pratice.
    Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for you kind remarks. I think the fact that it look professional was what pleased me the most. Agelesscraft, the DVD is extremely easy to follow and like other craft DVDs the great thing is you can go back and check that you have got it right. The material was in the remnants bin at our local curtain shop but it does match my sofas so I may go back and see if they have any more!

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Granny P, this is gorgeous. Well done you. I wish I could still sew, but my neck prevents it. I remember though how satisfying it is to sit back and admire something I made and I bet you feel the same with this lovely piece of work

Post Thanks / Like

Blimey GP, that is so not 'boring'....it's fab, beautifully made & the fabric is just gorgeous! It really does look most professional, wonderfully finished! :star:
    (I am positively really quite envious! lol)
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_with_claws View Post
    Blimey GP, that is so not 'boring'....it's fab, beautifully made & the fabric is just gorgeous! It really does look most professional, wonderfully finished! :star:
    (I am positively really quite envious! lol)
    Well kitten, I looked at it and felt proud (which is why I put it on the forum) but then thought - a cushion is a cushion is a cushion. I did sew quite a bit when my children were young but the sewing machine was passed on and I just stopped. I really did like the idea of Debbies "Sew What Cushions" DVD and they then brought out the under £100 sewing machine so I am now committed to more sewing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Penny View Post
    Well kitten, I looked at it and felt proud (which is why I put it on the forum) but then thought - a cushion is a cushion is a cushion.
    Huh, most of the ones in the shops are certainly but handmade ones, with delightfully pretty fabric, are a different matter entirely!
    Did you say it matched the fabric on your sofa? You'll have to put a piccie up showing it 'in situ' then, so we can get the 'full effect'!
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear kitten - this is me all over. Yes, the pattern does go with my sofas (picture attached) but ... it doesn't go with the curtains or the wall paper that is at the other end of the room! I am very tempted to see if I can get some more of this material cheaply as it is more "me" than the curtains I chose (why do I do that?) However, I have enough extra material to make probably six cushion covers to match the curtains. I have decided to go with this (more practice if nothing else) but to just make envelope covers with no piping so they are quick to make. I think I will also try some hand finish ones in felt with blue flowers, as per Debbie's DVD - well sort of, on brown to break up the amount of matching pattern. All this is being put down (in my head) as research into craft items that will sell. :grin: Of course I shouldn't be doing any of this until I have finished emptying my unit of books (work) but my daughter told me I was working too hard and I needed to do something fun. That really made me feel I had brought her up very, very well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Granny Penny; 14-03-2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: photo didn't seem to attach