Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which supersmooth card?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which supersmooth card?

DH got me some from C&C which prints off fine but is only 160gsm so only really any good to add onto a card rather than use as the base card. I know they also sell a 250gsm but as we all know delivery can be a bit slow. So which brand do you use for your CD printing?
    Thanks in advance
    dyzni x
    I'm in shape - round is a shape :giggle:

Post Thanks / Like

always use supersmooth card and paper which comes in various gsm's on www.crafting.co.uk. no p&p
    ps delivery has never been a problem for me
    Last edited by dizzyjoan; 04-05-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered once and it took a bit more than a week. I thought it was Steph's association with it that gave it the C&C delivery touch!
    I haven't ordered again.
    Kate x

Post Thanks / Like

for a heavy smooth base card I always use crafwork cards A4 http://craftworkcards.co.uk/product_....aspx?prod=872 it's a really heavy weight and I only use their pre-made card blanks too if that helps. Maybe a little more expensive than some others but I do think it's worth the investment, it makes your finished cards really feel good quality, specially if you're selling! x

Post Thanks / Like

I use the supersmooth as well. I love craftwork cards stuff, but have never used it for printing. Their digital cardstock is one of my favourites, especially for using promarkers.

craftycat Guest

My printer won't take a heavier weight card. Last lot of card was bought in Rymans. OK but not top quality. Planning to go in for supersmooth next time I need to replace stock of white printer card. Most of my other card I buy from PDA.
    http://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/

Again not the cheapest option but a very good range. Haven't actually checked out their smooth lighter weight card.
    Last edited by craftycat; 05-05-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been tring various card stock for printing and for me the MCS supersmooth card gives the best results with Craftwork Cards a very close second. Craft Creations Creative Smooth white is also very good. I usually order their card blanks for printing directly onto cards and you can order sheets cut into A3, A4 and A5. For economical printing, stamping and promarkers the Ryman's card is quite good especially when they have the 3 for 2 offers.

When you order MCS products from C&C the often dispatched by MCS and this always seems to take a very long time. If you just expect that then it isn't so frustrating. MCS also sometimes have special offers on their site so it's worth checking before ordering from C&C.
    Janet

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered the supersmooth card direct from Steph's site and it came in 2 days. Free p&p too.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Budgie, is that from crafting uk?
    I'm in shape - round is a shape :giggle:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dyzni View Post
    Hi Budgie, is that from crafting uk?
    Yes dyzni. Should have said.