Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing with my new stamps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Playing with my new stamps

Got some new stamps last week, so I've spent the last couple of evenings trying them out. None of them turned out to be cards - just things!!

Post Thanks / Like

Love those little houses. Your "things" are really lovely.

Post Thanks / Like

I think your 'things' are lovely too Susan!
    Most of them are fairly self-explanatory (even for me, who's a bit 'doh!' at times! lol) but I'd love to hear more about the clock.....? :thinking:
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sam, I think I can improve on them and I wasn't too happy with the colours on the houses. My problem is, I get an idea in my head, but can't quite manage to do it in practise. I started crafting last year and I know I'm much better - just hoping I keep improving. I find it fun and it makes me happy so that's what counts really :-)

Post Thanks / Like

It's one of those cheap Swedish clocks Kitten! I coloured the outside with alcohol ink and stamped on the face with an Alice in Wonderland stamp and stenciled some flowers on with distress inks. I tried sticking a flower on the second hand but it made it too heavy and it wouldn't tick past 6!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susan W View Post
    Thanks Sam, I think I can improve on them and I wasn't too happy with the colours on the houses. My problem is, I get an idea in my head, but can't quite manage to do it in practise. I started crafting last year and I know I'm much better - just hoping I keep improving. I find it fun and it makes me happy so that's what counts really :-)
    I know exactly what you mean Susan, I only started crafting last year too! I try & do at least one new thing on most of my cards but am not yet at the stage where I can just do something, I have to stop & think about each & every stage....sometimes for quite a long time......! LOL
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susan W View Post
    It's one of those cheap Swedish clocks Kitten! I coloured the outside with alcohol ink and stamped on the face with an Alice in Wonderland stamp and stenciled some flowers on with distress inks. I tried sticking a flower on the second hand but it made it too heavy and it wouldn't tick past 6!
    Well, I think it looks marvellously effective (I hope you use it!)......& LOL @ the 'wouldn't tick past 6' bit! :grin:

Post Thanks / Like

I can't just do something either. Sometimes I get half way through and just stop, then I find a couple of days later something will come to me - or not. I have a box full of things that I might do something with! LOL.
    The houses were cut out and on the table for 4 days, but the clock took me 30 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

The clock is now on my craft room wall!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_with_claws View Post
    I know exactly what you mean Susan, I only started crafting last year too! I try & do at least one new thing on most of my cards but am not yet at the stage where I can just do something, I have to stop & think about each & every stage....sometimes for quite a long time......! LOL
    Do you ever wonder how you managed to fill you time before you started crafting?!