Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top trends in card making

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I can cope with wasps Deefy, though preferably not a load of 'em. I was once stung by a wasp who was politely trying to tell me not to squash him as he was only investigating the inside of my arm! Hate flies, blue bottles, daddy long legs and most beetles, though I do like ladybird

I have quite a few steampunk dies and stamps, but I have been fussy what I buy. There was a set of three stamps some years ago with locomotives and related paraphernalia, oil cans and steam gauges, etc. I bought two of the sets as I didn't think the third set would be much use as it was more punk than steam. The same with the stamps, I have bought cogs because they go well with steam locomotives. Can't be doing with stamps that have light bulbs coming out of a man's head, and other stuff of that ilk.

Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Mandalas seem to be making a comeback too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzi View Post
    The problem is that technology moves on so fast that something up to date now will look dated by next year. Given the lead times for design and manufacture they would pretty much be obsolete by the time they were released.
    I disagree Mitzi. A laptop still looks pretty much the same as it did years ago, so does a key board. Electronic gaming machines like the PSP and Xbox with their controllers are still similar outwardly. When they start looking out of date call them 'retro'. There is a market for 90's plus gaming machines. Men of a certain age reliving their youth. Four years ago I sold a mid 90's Sega Multi -Megadrive with original box for nearly £400. Also sold one CD game for nearly £300.

I bought the Kanban 'Especially for Men' years ago from QVC and soon used up the sheets of a boy with the mobile phone, keyboard and game controller. There were identical ones except for the colours and a girl in the Especially for Women pack. I have not seen anything like it since.

There are so many crafting item themes for females but very little for men and boys I find. I have found very little in the Silhouette Store and most of the time go looking for images and clipart on the net. I download, take into Studio and trace. The only two files I have from the Store is a retro record player card and a 3D record player.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few dies, stamps and decoupage sheets suitable for men. They tend to be cars/locomotives/planes, booze and sport. Gardening is also popular. The problem is that most appeal to the older man, whereas apart from music I have sod all that is suitable for teenage boys. Not much for teenage girls either, or preteens come to think of it.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that teenagers, both girls and boys, are quite tricky to make for.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I love my Serif Craft Artist. Can find pictures on the internet, but them out digitally and use them building up a picture for my card. No niche interest is too difficult, from Isle of Man TT races via tanks of the German army to Morris dancing!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    I do too. Only bugs I have a problem with are flies (dirty) and wasps (angry little b's).

We used to live in a property which was between a river and a canal and dragonflies would regularly come in - some of them are huge and a bit scary to be honest. You'd suddenly be aware of a noise a bit like screwing up cellophane and when you looked up the dragonfly would be bouncing along the ceiling. I don't know whether it's true, but they're supposed to bite, so it was then a hassle to get them out with everyone in one piece.
    We get some huge dragon flies but apart from next doors pond and a small private lake we have no other open water
    I agree on the sound I sometimes hear it in the conservatory when they get trapped behind the sofa
    Hubby told me not to go near them as big ones
    give a painful sting
    So I have a small fishing net to hand lol,
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Mandalas seem to be making a comeback too.
    I mentioned them in the first post.

Post Thanks / Like

I was given a crochet one for my birthday a couple of years ago, or maybe it was the Christmas before last. Tiz hanging on my craft room wall anywhoo, along with a painting 'himself' did for me for last Christmas, and a cross stitch picture of a clematis, also a prezzie last Christmas. :)

Roz