Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michelle has left Serif

Post Thanks / Like

I think the parting of the ways must have been quite sudden - they had the blonde lady (is it Nicky?) who normally demonstrates stamps and dies doing the demonstrating on a Serif programme I saw on C&C yesterday - and bless her, she tried manfully to do it, but I don't think she'd practiced for very long.... even Nigel was stepping in at times!
    Life is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you are going to get...!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought she struggled - it's one thing to know how to use CA but entirely different to show and explain it to others especially when they're not in the room! Hopefully with practice she'll be more confident.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't be easy being chucked in at the deep end, especially on a program that is complex, which is what Serif is. I've been using Paint Shop Pro for years, but ask me to explain it to anybody............... my efforts would produce a serious thumbs down.

I always liked the scrapbook pages that Michelle produced. Would have like a little more journalling, but I did think the way she set photos, backgrounds, and embellishments to be excellent. A brilliant way to see how a scrapbook would work if using ones own backgrounds and embellishments, though no reason why one couldn't cut them out and use them as one normally would anyway.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    I thought she struggled - it's one thing to know how to use CA but entirely different to show and explain it to others especially when they're not in the room! Hopefully with practice she'll be more confident.
    Perhaps she was only filling in until Serif appoint a new peep?

Post Thanks / Like

I did wonder if she'd been dropped in at the deep end and asked to fill in at the last minute.

Post Thanks / Like

I did wonder if she'd been dropped in at the deep end and asked to fill in at the last minute.
    If she was then good on her because personally they would have had to shove me on with a broom......
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes when Michelle was away, there has been a young lady on with long dark hair and she was very good and very nice but maybe she's not there wither now. Can't remember her name - doh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    Sometimes when Michelle was away, there has been a young lady on with long dark hair and she was very good and very nice but maybe she's not there wither now. Can't remember her name - doh!
    I think she was one of the design team - I know she's mentioned a lot on their forum. Is she called Charlotte????
    Last edited by pyjama princess; 29-08-2015 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Just been over to DT to check. Her name is Charlotte and she's the Illustration team leader.

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I think she was one of the design team - I know she's mentioned a lot on their forum. Is she called Charlotte????

Wasn't she the one with an odd haircut and sort of off the wall fashion who drew the art deco cruise digikit?

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deefersmum View Post
    If she was then good on her because personally they would have had to shove me on with a broom......
    They would have needed somat stronger than that to get me on chuck. In my contract with the Guild of Master Craftsmen it said I should make myself available for television/radio. Make myself available!!! Who were they kidding? I kept quiet about the whole thing as I didn't want to go anywhere near a telly/radio station, and I still don't.

Roz

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog