Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Die cutting Machine?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Die cutting Machine?

I'm looking for a new machine, my Spellbinders gave up the ghost. I really liked that machine. I have a Todo, which I don't like and another one but can't remember the make and can't be bothered to go upstairs and have a look. Any recommendations for a manual one not interested in anything else
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Sizzix Big Shot - takes lots of die sizes and performs well. When I had a problem with the screw which held the handle in place I was sent a replacement straightaway by Sizzix even though it was quite an old model. Was impressed by their support system for their long-term customers.

Post Thanks / Like

I still use my little green bug
    And have the xcut for larger dies
    Still go to my little bug first
    Think at some point when pennies allow
    I might get an electric model if they do one that takes a4 embossing folders
    As the osteoarthritis is starting to play my arm and hands up
    Last edited by Little Jan; 15-06-2020 at 09:35 PM.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Tonic Tangerine which has lasted well, much better than the Spellbinders Grand Calibur I had before. I wish I'd kept the old Wizard I had first, I really liked that. Now I have more room though, I would like a machine with a platform such as a Sizzix.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I use my wee 'bug for 99% of the die cutting I do. I only use my GC on the wider dies, which isn't very often. If I was looking to buy a new machine it would probably be the Spellbinders, the big white one as it will take not only the wider dies, but also the thick ones.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I’m exactly the same as Little Jan. I honestly don’t know what I will get when I have to replace one.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have a cuttlebug, but would probably go for a big shot if I needed to replace it.
    Have heard positive reviews about their customer service.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
    I have the Tonic Tangerine which has lasted well, much better than the Spellbinders Grand Calibur I had before. I wish I'd kept the old Wizard I had first, I really liked that. Now I have more room though, I would like a machine with a platform such as a Sizzix.
    I've heard the Tonic Tangerine is very good - no warped plates.
    I have a Wizard that I'm getting rid off when I'd post it too you but it's very heavy.

Post Thanks / Like

I know you've said manual Pam and I must say I was very reluctant to try electric but I do love it to bits. Its one of Lady Sara's Gemini's the full size and it does take A4 embossing folders too. My poor Hetty (HappyCut) is under cover on the shelf - I kept hold incase my leccy breaks down.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a Tattered Lace Baby Blue which I got as a freebie. Like Roz with her wee bug it is my go to machine for most dies when I'm card making. It is small and light, so easy to have on a working area, but it cuts very well. Particularly useful for cutting letters when I am personalising cards.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post