Thread: Mitzi's October swap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mitzi's October swap

I keep forgetting to post this although it's got pride of place in my downstairs Loo ever since it arrived last week.

I knew it was from Pyjama Princess because the envelope was so securely taped up that I had to cut it to pieces to get in.

A is for Autumn. So much work has gone into this. Isn't it wonderful? In the background is printed sumi paper and PJP even sent me a separate sample of the sumi paper as I had recently asked what it was.

There is stencilling, gold pen, pressure embossing and of course lots of lovely die cuts, some from printed paper to give the appearance of texture.

I can see this coming out year after year in autumn.

PJP if you have a better photo then please feel free to post it.

IMG_20201103_091055.jpg
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be posting photos of my birthday cards later so I'll add a bigger pic of this.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I decided to decorate an MDF tag and use printable Sumi paper long before I knew I was swapping with Mitzi. As it turned out she'd asked on the forum what Sumi paper was!
    I printed a leaf design on the Sumi paper then glued it to the tag base. I then sprayed Nuvo Mica Mist through a leaf stencil but you can't see much of either the Sumi or the spays now the rest is decorated! I went around the edge of the tag with a gold Sakura Pen-Touch pen.
    The large tree die is from Creative Crafting World, I partially embossed it with a leaf design folder so it looks like the leaves are falling from the trees - it's not very clear in the photo until you click on it to get a bigger picture.

This die was free with a magazine and I cut out extra acorns and added Nuvo drops for berries (see JM I do use them LOL!)

The pumpkin die is a Joanna Sheen die free with one of her box magazines. I cut it out of card that I'd printed using the same design as the one on the Sumi paper but this time in orange - I thought it added texture to the surface of the pumpkin.
    And then I went mad with leaf dies LOL!

The 'Autumn' was designed in Craft Artist but I wasn't happy that it followed the theme as it wasn't very prominent.

So I the die cut an 'A' using an Xcut set and then decorated it with more acorns and leaves.

I'm so pleased you like it Mitzi - it took me a long time to make!
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

http://pamelaspages.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic card
    Love the acorns

Hides debit card and repeats
    You don’t need any more dies
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jan View Post
    Fantastic card
    Love the acorns

Hides debit card and repeats
    You don’t need any more dies
    The acorns were from the 'free' die in Die Cutting Essentials magazine. I just put card over the acorns instead of cutting the whole thing out in brown. Keep an eye on places like Craft Stash as they sell any left over mags cheap after a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Well worth the effort and time PJP.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyjama princess View Post
    I'm so pleased you like it Mitzi - it took me a long time to make!

It's very obvious that it must have taken a long time to make - so much work has gone in to it.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post