Thread: Woodware

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Woodware

I took my new trainers out for a walk down to Elsecar this morning, they met the first mud of their lives, for which I apologise! Anywhoo, they were obviously trained to call into craft shops and tea rooms before I bought them, and they made me spend money. Nawty!!! Anyroadup I found two rather nice Woodware stamps for the princely sum of £11.99, plus some Aida Band at £2.99 a metre. Unfortunately there was only a metre left on the reel, but no matter, better than half a metre. :)

I took note of the cost of the Tim Holtz Distress inkpads. They were less than £6 each, which means that Hochanda are definitely overcharging, and by a considerable amount. Not sure how much their Woodware stamps are individually, perhaps I ought to check. Just had a loo, nothing showing up.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Roz I hope you treated your new trainers to a good clean after making muddy.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Tricia

http://www.townrow.org.uk/

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the craft department of a garden centre today and the Distress Oxide inkpads were £6.99 each, what a rip off! I’ve not paid that for any of mine.

Post Thanks / Like

£4.99 at CraftStash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    £4.99 at CraftStash.
    And Joanna Sheen (no postage after £9.00/£10.00?). I bought three more from her (the shop) the other day and they arrived next morning so can't argue with that. I must admit I'm somewhat addicted to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    I took my new trainers out for a walk down to Elsecar this morning, they met the first mud of their lives, for which I apologise! Anywhoo, they were obviously trained to call into craft shops and tea rooms before I bought them, and they made me spend money. Nawty!!! Anyroadup I found two rather nice Woodware stamps for the princely sum of £11.99, plus some Aida Band at £2.99 a metre. Unfortunately there was only a metre left on the reel, but no matter, better than half a metre. :)

I took note of the cost of the Tim Holtz Distress inkpads. They were less than £6 each, which means that Hochanda are definitely overcharging, and by a considerable amount. Not sure how much their Woodware stamps are individually, perhaps I ought to check. Just had a loo, nothing showing up.

Roz
    Hope your new trainers are feeling better - mine aren't, they have a crack across the sole and every time it rains I get a wet foot. Haven't bought any more yet because I have been busy praying for summer - I've really had enough of this carp weather and I usually don't complain as there is nothing you can do about it.

Needless to say the garden is a wreck - no passion flower regrowth, no clematis buds etc etc. Usually around now my one clematis has started to open its buds, but there is nothing.

As to Woodware stamps, I like some of their designs but I was disappointed with the last one I bought because it won't stamp out clearly at the centre of the design.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your trainers have taken over from "wee Bug" Roz................and Deefy, can't you hop? it would make 'em last abit longer !!

Two and two make four...........but now and then they add up to three and occasionally, just occasionally its five !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    Sounds like your trainers have taken over from "wee Bug" Roz................and Deefy, can't you hop? it would make 'em last abit longer !!
    Oh I can just imagine me hopping JM - two hops and I'd be flat on my face (well, maybe not with my boobs).

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually my dear little things didn't get muddy, well maybe a bit underneath, but I wiped that off on the mat in Brambles. Had I gone out today I wouldn't have taken the scenic route, not after the rain we had last night. Not that the road isn't scenic, just can't see the reservoir from it.

More bliddy rain this afternoon and tonight. More forecast for tomorrow, and snow for Monday. I am not impressed, I really am not. I want spring, and I want it now. I don't want a mega hot summer, but I would like spring and autumn to be what they should be, and that isn't more or less constant rain for several day, and ruddy snow. :(

Roz - who is going to sulk if she doesn't get what she wants. :( I do a good sulk. ;)

Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog